Dentists must consider the best interests of their patients and communities at all times.
- Before you go into the office, your dentist or their staff will ask you screening questions about your health to see if you have any COVID-19 symptoms.
- Your dentist must ensure that they can meet the PPE and operatory requirements before they schedule an in-person appointment for assessment or treatment.
- Dentists must require all patients and visitors to wear a mask at all times while in the office except when they are being treated.
- Patients who arrive without a mask will be given one by staff before entering the office. If they can’t provide a mask, they will schedule a new appointment.
- Patients will be required to perform hand hygiene (washing) using a 70-90% alcohol-based hand rub or soap and water, as soon as they enter the dental office.
- Your dentist may ask you to disinfect with 70-90% alcohol-based hand rub before leaving the dental office.
For more information, please refer to documents at the Royal College of Dental Surgeons of Ontario.